Monday, November 18, 2013

How to Eat an Elephant...


My first post is inspired by my college statistics professor. This is the best advice I have ever received. I have so many goals I want to accomplish, and usually I want them now and right this second. With a busy schedule, when you are completely tired, overwhelmed, and just want nothing else but sleep, “eating elephant one bite a time” always inspires me to keep going. Thank you prof. Dawson!

As we get older, we begin to notice life is becoming more difficult. We have demanding schedules, billions of thoughts running through our heads,  millions of things to accomplish, and all in 24 hours!! Thus, life is much like eating an elephant. How do you eat an elephant?  Unfortunately, one bite at a time. This goes for any class you take, any goal you set, anything you do with your life in the future. Make your goals a priority in life. Make a plan, and actually schedule time on your calendar! Soon enough, you will find yourself accomplishing goals in matter of weeks!

This concept applies to everything in your life. When you can see the finish line, what is your key strategic move?  You will be tired and weary. You will have good days and bad says. But here is the KEY: WHEN YOU CAN SEE THE FINISH LINE, AND YOU ARE TIRED, AND YOU ARE READY TO GIVE UP,  YOU SPRINT TO THE FINISH LINE! You reach down deep inside yourself, and you pull out every ounce of fortitude you can dig up, and you START SPRINTING, AND YOU DO NOT STOP TILL YOU FINISH!

My intent here is simply to tell you to how important it is to keep going, never give up and SPRINT in the tough times. I sincerely hope this will help you put things in a clear perspective. 

Thank you so much for reading my post!

1 comment: